I love this simple phrase. It inspires me to think intentionally about what attitude I have when I am serving the Lord. You see there is not question IF I will serve the Lord. I want to. I want to serve Him because I love Him and I know that it is the right thing to do. However, I know that there are times that I really need to make sure that my attitude is where it should be and that I don’t serve the Lord with complacency of heart. I want to make sure that I do not just go through the motions of serving the Lord. When I serve Him, however that maybe, I need to do it with GLADNESS!
The Psalm below helps me keep my perspective on my attitude and motive when serving the Lord. I hope it helps you too! Have a great day with GLADNESS!!!
Remember this Sunday is DAY of PURPOSE and it is important to not think of this day as a day that we only have Bible Class and then only one WORSHIP. This is a day that we worship that morning in spirit and truth after bible class then we look for ways that we can serve the Lord with GLADNESS. This Sunday you have several opportunities. Here are a few ideas:
- Have someone in your home for lunch or dinner and just sit and visit
- Take a meal to someone that needs encouragement.
- Join the K.I.D.S. in the NHYG Teen Center at 3pm for their activity of putting activity bags to gather for kids in the hospital.
- Make a few phone calls to those that are on our sick list just to tell them that you are praying for them
- Spend some time at the church building cleaning up in the Media Room. You should see how bad this room needs to be organized! It needs your help!
- Join us for Pioneer Plates at 4:45 at 5pm we will be serving a hot meal to those in need and giving groceries out. Also our Clothing room will be open. If you know anyone that could use a meal please invite them.
REMEMBER IT IS ALL ABOUT SERVING THE LORD WITH GLADNESS!!!